50% OFF!!! FOR A LIMITED TIME GET STEROIDS FOR $2.99
SteroidS is an Asteroids or GeometryWars-like arcade shooter. You’re a scientist trying to stop some “crazy thugs” using your steroids gun to defeat them. But there’s a catch: each steroids shot makes them faster (and they need more than one shot to go down), so things can get really hard as enemies become faster!
The goal in SteroidS is simple: get the highest score possible by killing all enemies inside the arena before you are overrun. Steroids make your foes faster, so you have to move fast!
Your input is important to us since we want to continually update SteroidS. If you have ideas on how to improve SteroidS, let us know on our Facebook page!
If you're experiencing problems with SteroidS, email pressstart [at] thedomaginarium [dot] com
Addictive gameplay. Difficulty increases over time.
Six gameplay modes.
Six different arena designs with unique looks.
Special enemies that don't quite fit the scenario but are fun to watch, defeat, and are worth more points.
Environment traps (also known as "containment protocol") that will either kill you or help you stop the thugs.
A dark sense of humor, from the level and enemy designs to everything else!
SteroidS is fully compatible with NVIDIA 3D Vision systems, so you can fully experience SteroidS in 3D.
WASD for movement; mouse for turning and shooting.
RELEASE NOTES FOR VERSION 2.0
• Saving is now done using the BasicSaveObject function instead of DLL bind. This method allows for full cross-platform compatibility. SteroidS will be available for other platforms soon.
• A new power-up, The BSG, is now available. The BSG (Big Steroids Gun) is a faster and more powerful steroids gun that lasts for 30 seconds. The BSG can be used on all game modes except The Blue Men Show (and those modes where power-ups are disabled, of course).
• In The Blue Men Show game mode, the “wrong target” thug has ben changed from the standard shirtless thug, to the white-round helmet thug. This will make the blue thugs easier to identify compared to the “wrong target” thugs.
• The enemies’ “Steroids boost” has been tweaked, so that different enemies get different boosts of speed when shot.
• Enemy waves have been modified for faster and harder gameplay.
• Containment protocols and special enemies are launched earlier in the game.
• Some sound effects have been removed, as many sound effects playing at the same time made the game sound annoying. The sounds removed are the characters’ laughs, special enemy taunts and projectile impacts.
• Three music tracks have been added. Music is still selected at random on level launch.
• Scores are reset on this update, as difficulty has been increased.
• Introductory messages for the different game modes have been modified, and provide a better explanation of each mode.
• The disclaimer and intro movies can now be skipped. The Domaginarium and Unreal Technology movies remain intact and cannot be skipped.
• Textures on some of the computer screens found in the levels have been changed, they now display steroids-use or sports related images.
• The post process effect has been modified to make the game look slightly brighter.
• Changed the font of intro and on-screen messages from ‘Sergoe Print’ to ‘Kristen ITC.’
• Removed some geometry in the levels to allow for more fluid gameplay.
• Various fixes and performance improvements. SteroidS should take a smaller RAM amount to run.
OS: Windows XP/Vista/7
Processor: 1 Ghz Dual-Core CPU
Memory: 512Mb RAM (1Gb RAM if you're on Windows Vista/7)
Hard Disk Space: 600MB
Video Card: Graphics Card with Shader Model 3 support, 512 MB video memory
DirectX®: 9.0c - you can download it 'here'
Sound: DirectSound-compatible sound device