ASA is a Myst clone with great graphisms, to be released at the end of 2012.
"You're an astronaut sent to repair an old satellite. You just finished your mission when you notice a mysterious black cube drifting near you. You're totally hypnotized by this thing and suddenly jump in the space, breaking your security cable ! That's crazy, you seem to have forgotten all the dangers here, and when you finally catch this cube,your oxygen is low and you have no way to go back !!!"
Made in tribute of adventure games of an era :
Like the Myst series - and my favorite one Myst 2: Riven - ASA is a slideshow point'n click, which means it doesn't use a realtime 3D engine. The game itself is made with the Adventure Maker software, which helped me a lot for the "programming" part, as I'm making this on my own (except music and localization), for the love of video games and nice pictures !
- visit 9 different environments
(6 areas on the main spaceship, 2 planets, 1 satellite)
- benefits of ponctual 360° views for a better immersion.
- over 20 minutes of in-game CG movies, and 2 possible ends !
- rythmed with an original soundtrack by Karreo.
- walk in the steps of another astronaut, who will help you to find your way. Read his diary to find clues and make the storyline evolve.
This game will mostly please lovers of "old-school" adventure games :
L'Amerzone, Atlantis, Cydonia, the Myst series, Rama, Rhem, Schizm, etc...
- CD covers : to print if you wish to create CD or DVD backups of the game or the OST.
- Game guide : a walkthrough to find the answers of the puzzles and see the 2 alternative ends.
- Music : the Cobalt-5 light album by Karreo is offered (5 tracks).
- The original video trailer.
- Pictures : a set of 7 wallpapers.
Please be sure that you meet the following system requirements.
Don't miss the latest updates (bug fixes, translation...) on www.aspaceadventure.fr/updates.html
ASA Installation process :
- Download and extract** the game archives (run the main .zip file only)
11 x 80MB and 1 x 66,2MB
- Run ASA_Install.exe
- Read below if you get an error message during install (it happens sometimes)
- Take a few seconds to read the Readme.txt file
- Run the game !
** NOTE : IF YOU MEET DIFFICULTIES WHILE EXTRACTING THE FILES : TRY USING THE LATEST WINRAR !!! If it doesn't solve your problem, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
¤ If you have any problem installing or playing the game, please
refer to the Adventure Maker support.
You can also register on the forums and ask your question!
¤ If you get an error during install about an ocx file called
msdxm.ocx, click "ignore".
¤ If you get an error when launching the game on Vista, please read this : http://2011asa.blogspot.fr/2013/01/issue-on-windows-vista.html
PC system only
CPU: core 2 duo 2 GHz processor
Memory: 2 GB RAM
GPU : video card with 256MB VRAM
Free Disk Space: 1 GB
OS: Windows 8, 7, vista
NB : the game can run on XP without problem, but you need to install a DVD mpeg4 decoder (like ffdshow), or the in-game movies won't play.
NB2 : why won't it run on my good old computer ?
Because the 360 panorama views, which are made of very big pictures,
require quite a lot of memory.